Wednesday, June 8, 2011

HW2 lopez reaction

I really liked the beginning of section 2 on page 499. When he describes the map to him it gives clear visuals of not only what the actual geography of the land is, but by the dialogue it shows more of a cultural aspect by "talking" with people that live there.

"It's a tough spot you know it's there. Once you pick it up, He shook his head slowly, in a gesture of wonder at its existence.
I waited until I held his eye. I assured him I would not tell u anyone else how to get there. He looked at me with stoical despair like a man who had been robbed twice, whose belief in human beings was offered without conviction." (lopez Pg 499)

This sample give not just a physical description of a hidden place, but it gives a sense of wonder because no one else can fine it, it puts a mood to the location not just simple physical features.

No comments:

Post a Comment